This will be a unique campaign.
Here are several mechanisms:
- ADD TO THE STORY: The players will be semi-DM’s as well. Helping the story along and creating investment in the end battle.
- TRANSPARENCY: I’m going to try something new and just tell you what creatures you find. It’s up to you to determine whether your character is familiar with it or not.
- CHARACTER FILE: It is possible your character may die. Make a back up character. Characters that die, may be brought back to life … or restored. But have another character on hand to pull out and join in quickly.
- SAVE-OR-DIE: Some encounters may result in instant death.
- DEATH IS ONLY THE BEGINNING: A character’s death (and/or ressurection) is crucial to the story.
- ENJOY THE OBSTACLE: Don’t pout or complain if something derails your character. It’s these obstacles that create the campaign (and fun moments!), like when Matt’s character was flipping cards in the Deck-of-Many-Things. We’ll talk about that moment more than a mini-maxed character.